Deadly water

But relax, I’m not trying to be a fearmonger, this is not a normal thing. People can and have died from this, but they have had insane amounts of water in a short period of time. It will not be a pleasant experience, so you are in NO way likely to sit in your living room and accidentally overdose on water, so please keep staying hydrated. As long as you don’t enter any competitions or anything, you should have nothing to worry about.

I mostly post this because it is so interesting that something so healthy and absolutely vital to us could actually damage us. The dose makes the poison, as people say.

I think Scientific American wrote a nice piece on this, if you wold like to learn a bit more:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/strange-but-true-drinking-too-much-water-can-kill/ (last accessed 30.04.2021)